Album: Empire State - Indian Summer (2013)









A rather interesting story behind this one. This time two years ago, I was working a temporary job in a warehouse where I met a chap who was just as much a fan of music as I am and we would spend most of the day talking about our passion. Unfortunately, we only worked together for a week or so as we probably spent more time deep in conversation than actually working (that is another story) but in that short time, we sure did discuss much about music. He lent me some 'Classic Rock' magazines that he was a subscriber to and a few albums he owned; a couple from one of his favourite bands (Thunder) and this one from Empire State I am to review here, a band of which he is a member!

His name is Andy Morris and he is the bassist and the lead vocalist of the band. He had told me at the time that they were working on their third album which has since been released around this time last year while this one pictured above was their second. I had decided to listen to the two Thunder records first so I could get a feel for where he draws his influences and when it came to giving this album (Indian Summer) a spin, I could hear from the opening track 'Resurrection X' (which is a cracking start to the record) that his passion and that of the other members of the group Kenny McGowan (Guitar) Steve Mercer (Drums) and their love of Classic Rock really shines throughout the album right through to the final track 'Grape & the Grain' which really ends the record well.

These guys truly deserve attention as they work so hard performing the music they love and it's just a shame they don't play live much because I really think that would give them some recognition. I will put a link to their facebook page at the bottom of this post. Their albums can be purchased on the majority of digital download sites amazon, itunes, cdbaby etc.

I am really quite the fan of this record despite the fact I don't usually listen to this kind of music even though I am a fan of most forms of Rock but there is something about this I really like. So for my recommendations, I would say this would appeal to fans of Rock music and even those who aren't as it seems to fall somewhere in between I feel. It's not heavy, it's not soft but just a really well produced album that I believe anyone could listen too and Andy Morris' vocals lend themselves very well to this along with all three of them as musicians blending tightly. Have a listen and see what happens, you never know!

Thank you for reading!

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Empire-State-409934115705531/?fref=ts
CDbaby: https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/empirestate12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Albums: Giraffe - The Power of Suggestion (1987) / The View from Here (1988)

Album: Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of Spartacus (1992)