Film: Adrift (2006) a.k.a. Open Water 2



I wasn't going to review this originally but after seeing this on the Horror Channel the other evening, I just had to talk about it. I have to say first of all that I found this film rather silly, I knew it wasn't going to be an incredible watch by any means but I felt it had potential. Perhaps I have seen too many of these stranded at sea type films but I found myself getting rather frustrated with the situations that arose throughout and I should be able to just take it for what it is. One saving grace was they didn't go down that very familiar route we tend to get with these films (I will let you take a guess at what I mean there) which was rather refreshing but mostly everything else got to me. From the moment the lead character stepped on the boat (sorry I do beg your pardon, IT'S A YACHT!) carrying her baby, my face met the palm of my hand and so it went on from there.

I won't say much more about the film from here as saying anymore I may as well talk about the film scene by scene but personally I feel other films in the genre were more enjoyable and made better. As the film progressed it came to the point where I was just hoping there would be a satisfactory ending and they couldn't even get that right for me at least. Maybe others felt it ended well but it didn't resonate with me and looking online I know I'm not the only one.

I am struggling to think of much more to say here so I will sum up at this stage. If you are truly at a loose end with an hour and a half to spare then give it a watch but you may be better off viewing the film that preceded this one (I say may as I haven't seen it myself) but you would probably be better off finding something else more productive to wile away the time than watching this. I wish I could remember the title of one I saw a year or so ago which I really enjoyed and thoroughly recommend over this one. If I recall the name of that film then I will update this post.

Thank you for reading!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Album: Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of Spartacus (1992)

Albums: Giraffe - The Power of Suggestion (1987) / The View from Here (1988)